1090 Radar Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
1.6

Update by user May 26

Pictures are of replacement vehicle.

Update by user May 26

I also forgot to mention that the replacement car I got was even filthier and looked like it had been in a wreck.

Original review posted by user May 26

I rented a car from Budget over a month ago and today received a letter completely blindsiding me with a $520 dollar bill for repairs and towing of a car that was defective to begin with. Also, keep in mind at no point in the hoir long phone call was it ever stated that I was going to be responsible for this issue.

When I picked the car up fro.

The Budget Rental facility at Myrtle Beach International Airport the car was dirty which wasn't a very good start to begin with. After leaving Budget and beging my 2 hour drive to my destination I realized that the car was making a weird noise. At the time I thought it was just the road. By the time I had realized that it was in fact the car I was already an hour away.

The next day I called Budget and advised them of the issue. I stated that I believed the vehicle was unsafe to drive and asked for a replacement. They told me that I needed to go to my local facility which was 30 minutes away to get a replacement. Luckily I called first and they said that they had no comparable vehicles available and that they were sorry.

I continued to drive around in the unsafe vehicle until three if the tires kept going flat and throwing the tpms light.

At this point it was late the night before I had to drive 2 hours back to the airport to catch a flight.

Because I was now worried about my safety and actually making my flight I decided to call Budget corporate to try to get this issue resolved.

This however led ultimately to being on hold until 11pm which was over an hour! In the end the customer service agent said that they could tow a car to my location and then tow my car back at no point saying this was in me.

Let this be a fair warning to anyone considering budget in the future they will screw you any chance they get!

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Ford Car Rental.

Comments