Las Vegas, Nevada

On 10/17/15 I used my Costco card to book a rental car through BUDGET for upcoming travel on 11/3/15. I used my Visa/Debit card like I always do at Costco.

I thought I was paying at that time but as I printed out the confirmation I realized I would pay at the rental agency, when I got there, NO PROBLEM. I got a confirmation, Costco Travel Booking Number: C319803069 and a Budget Rental Car Confirmation number 19540473US1. Great. When I got to the Budget Rental Desk at 11:30pm they REFUSED the confirmation!

They CLAIMED that a CREDIT CARD was necessary and would not accept the card I used to make this reservation. My Wife and I do not have credit cards. We are in our 60's and have no need for them. Budget pushed for me to pay for upgrades in Insurance.

I refused as I always have. Insurance Co tells me rental cars are fully covered and it is a waste of money to pay for Ins again. For the next 90 minutes I waited in lines at 5 other national rental agencies. None had a problem with a DEBIT CARD, but were 50%-100% more cost.

I finally ended up renting a car much smaller than the one I reserved. I was not able to handle the number of people that I had planned on when visiting friends and family. I spoke to the Manager at Budget, he said there was nothing he could do! I can provide copies of the confirmation slip if needed.

I await your response to this situation.

NEVER RENT FROM BUDGET THEY TRY TO SCAM YOU !!!

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: nobody use Budget Rental Car.

Comments