Budget Rent A Car - Worst Experience of my Adult Life at Budget @ Laguardia Airport (an avis budget group company)
Reservation # 33995234US0
Budget is probably one of the worst I have ever dealt with. I had a very important trip with my young son for him to play in Cooperstown, NY. I had reservations for over 1 month and took a private driver from my hotel to this location near LaGuardia Airport in NY, after staying in NYC for 4 days. My plan was for me to rent a car & drive to Cooperstown. I arrived on Friday, July 22, 2016 prior to my reserved time of 7am. The lady at the counter (don't know name, but have attached picture) was emotionless & had no interest in helping me out. She had an immediate attitude from the beginning & asked me for my drivers license & credit card. I gave her my license & VISA debit card. She said that they don't take debit cards & if so would have to pull a full credit report. I asked her why and told her I've rented numerous times & have never had a problem + I was never told when I made the reservation that my VISA debit card would not suffice. I am renting the car...NOT BUYING IT! I told her if it was a problem, I could pay the full rental amount up front. She didn't like my line of questioning & deciding to make me pay for it. She looked at her screen & said the credit report came back & was denied!!! Keep in mind that I never gave her my SSN. I thought she was kidding & she said no. I asked her how she was able to get a credit report without my SSN#? I also explained my situation & that my son & I needed to be in Cooperstown by the next morning & I had a child with me. She didn't care, so I asked for her manager. He wasn't any better. His name was Darius Caston - Budget Airport Manager. He didn't care & said it was a policy & I asked him if there was a way to bypass that or make an exception? He said no. I pleaded with him over & over again & explained that my son was outside & we had no other form of transportation! WE WERE STRANDED IN QUEENS, NY!!! I asked for a business card & he didn't have one, so he wrote on someone else's card & handed it to me. I told him I will let everyone on social media know about my experience. We were not offered a shuttle ride to airport or anywhere else. That was it! ----- In trip planning, I had a car rental backup - which was Avis. However, when I received the manager's business card (see picture attached) I noticed that it said "avis budget group!" So I called Avis & after being thrown around from rep to rep one c/s rep said that it was a new policy to not accept debit cards as deposit. I will never use Budget and/or Avis & will make sure I let everyone I know about my horrible experience. I would never wish this experience upon my worst enemy. I will email Budget Corporate & know the non-response or canned response I will get. I will not give up and will get an apology letter written to my son before this is over. After 2 hours of making phone calls outside the Budget location, I found Enterprise Car Rental in NY who rented to me without any problems and with the same Visa debit card that Budget turned down. It was also $200 cheaper - so it was a blessing in disguise! I WILL NEVER USE BUDGET OR AVIS CAR RENTAL. This company has no respect or appreciation for it's customers & it's policies and not customer friendly.
Your debit card policy is unique to your company only and really puts responsible customers as myself in a bad predicament. You have no valid excuse, since my debit card is tied to my business checking and has over $50,000 in liquid funds.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No flexibility
- Manager enjoyed turning me away
- Horrible customer service
- Made me feel horrible
- Rude and condescending
- Left me hanging in another state
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "So had to take a last minute trip to Philadelphia. Arrived at 12:15 this morning and couldn't get any discount rate prior to arriving. Had to book a car for..."
- "Booked a 5 day rental from Payless Car Rental at an offsite airport location (Toronto Pearson International) through Expedia. A few days later I checked Priceline and found an..."
- "This happened to us in Cancun at the airport terminal. When they gave us the car, unfortunately we did not do a thoroughly inspection and when we return it they..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "I ordered next day delivery for my cousin's 60th birthday, paying extra for a 10:30 AM delivery. I also have to add that I chose this company based on..."
- "Theres a *** sleeping at my branch on 39th street Queens Blvd.This is unsafe for the banks customers. He also took a dump in the garbage can...... the smell was ......."
- "Mike Naples honestly the first 4 days my friend and I thought everything was great. The food was delicious. We anxiously awaited but that soon stopped. The foods started to..."