Featured Not resolved
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I made my reservation for a car on May 3,2017.I don't recall the person I spoke to but he told me that a one way rental for the above date was to be Approx.

$72.44. I told the representative that I would be returning from a cruise and would need the auto at 8:00am. He booked my reservation and told me that the auto rental is located in the cruise terminal (WRONG!). I had rented a car also through Budget at Orlando International Airport on the 20th of May and was told the return would be at the location that the Budget Shuttle for the cruise terminal is located.

After the cruise, I did what the shuttle driver told me to do when he dropped me off on the day of the cruise and picked up the shuttle after departing the cruise a week later. When I approached the counter and gave the woman at the counter my confirmation number, she declared my reservation time to pick up had changed to 11:00am. I didn't authorize the change of time from my confirmation at 8:00am. Then the lady at the counter told me because I was early, she didn't have the vehicle that I was promised, a Hyundai Elantra.

I told her anything comparable would be fine. She ran around and then asked people who were in line if they were returning their car. After a few minutes she told me that she could give me a Mazda CX5 for no extra charge. When she gave me the contract, there was an unexplained charge for $9.99 noted as CFC.

That was NOT in the breakdown for the amount on the confirmation. In addition, she told me before she knew I had personally spoken to someone that because I booked at the wrong Budget rental location that this charge was added on. Once I told her that I didn't book online, I told her the representative who set up my reservations told me over the phone the rental office was in the terminal, She and the other counter person laughed and said there wasn't a location in the cruise terminal. She then asked me if the person I spoke to was from India.

I told her he didn't have an Indian accent but rather was in the USA. That was when the story about the wrong location changed and said there was nothing she could do because the charge is "hardwired" on to each contract. She initially tells everyone the same story because my son who also picked up a car at Budget same location was told the booking address story, he didn't know if that was the case or not. Today I have tried to resolve this dispute with your customer service person "Bruno" at 1-800-404-8033 he listened to my complaint and finally told me to call 1-800-621-2844 x54.

YOU CANNOT GET TO EXTENSION 54!!!! There are only 3 choices and the one I needed was #3 which if you select that number will disconnect. I tried twice- same results. My complaints are as follows: 1.

Your reservations people don't know what they're doing. 2. Cannot provide auto as promised 3. Customer Service Representatives in locations are RUDE!!!

4. Hidden charges without defined reasons. Train your representatives what the charges are REALLY FOR, and let the customer know when they agree to the rental. 5.

Make sure the car is checked out before rented to the customer. I didn't know until I was on the road away from the rental office that the car was a quarter tank low on fuel, and was not cleaned before renting to me.

I had to pay to fuel for the last renter and my own use before returning the car.I will never use this company and will not recommend this company's location in Port Canaveral, Florida again!!!

Review about: Budget Rent A Car Hyundai Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Being lied to.

Had an Experience with Budget Rent A Car?

Comments