When turning in our rented car the worker inspected the car. He came in and told us we were going to be charged $200 extra for the white animal hairs left on the seats.

We thought little of it since we didn't have animals with us on our vacation and it was just a misunderstanding. We were then told we should have refused the car when we first picked it up at the Florida Airport. PLEASE...When we were comming in from Ca. it was about 3:00am PST.

The last thing in the world I was thinking of is inspecting the car they gave me for any kind of hair. I was grateful just to get a car and drive the 80+ miles to our final destination. Just prior to picking up the car, AA had lost our luggage. Finding that was far more important to us than the condition of the car we were given.

Budget added this extra charge without informing us they were going to do so or asking us for our side of the story. So much for customers being innocent and always being right.

This company obviously doesn't care one bit about its customers. That said I promise I will go out of my way never to use this company or it's subsidiaries EVER EVER EVER!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Mitsubishi Car Rental.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Budget Rent A Car Pros: Access to airport.

Comments

So, you didn't bother to read or understand the terms YOU agreed to? When you booked, you said you would look over the car before leaving in it.

There were no exclusions based on coming in from California at 3:00 AM YOU cost yourself $200.00, paid for someone else's pet and now want to whine? It's too late for that. However, I would like to thank you for a great what not to do when you rent a car post.

Others will learn from your foolishness and be spared random charges that could have been avoided with a 5-minute walkthrough. This just wasn't your day, was it?

Budget Rent A Car Reviews