Insurance Quality

Booked an economy car in Las Vegas. When we came to pick it up ,we were told there were no cars available. We were advised to come back in a few hours and see if they can find a car, otherwise look elsewhere. In a couple of hours, we were provided a Kia Rio. Ok, we were happy to be able to continue with our trip, but the car started displayin signs of mechanical issues almost immediately after we picked it up.

1) it warned us once or twice that the battery may run out if we do not turn off the screen - so we did not turn on radio at all

2) it lost almost 3 quarters of gas on the 3 hour drive from Las Vegas to Kanab, UT (which is totally unusual for an economy vehicle and i am told may happen when someone puts water instead of gas into the gas tank). I know we did not do it so someone at Budget must have done it. As a result, we had to fill up gas twice in the 24 hour period.

3) On the morning of December 29 we tried to start the car in order to get on with our trip and it was not working. We asked the maintenance personnel at the hotel we stayed at to jump start the car - he tried 3 or 4 times and the car did not react at all. I am told that this may happen again when there is water in the tank.

When i spoke to Budget Roadside assitance no one ever indicated to me that i will be charged for the car replacement. At the beginning they told me that no cars were available at all in the area until the next day. Only after a few hours of being on the phone with them they were able to find a replacement. Again, no warning of any charges was made either by the Roadside assistance personnel or a customer service represetative i spoke to. We were in a remote hotel outside of Panguitch, UT, with no alternative means of transportation and accommodation as the hotel asked us to move out of the room (they were fully booked) and the area is not serviced by any public transportation, even Uber or taxis.

We did get a replacement vehicle on the evening of that day, were given an ileligible piece of paper and drove to our next destination. At the end of the trip we were charged $3056.70 for the rental with no explanation of what the charges were for.

I find it totally unacceptable that Budget would charge a client for replacing their faulty car that the client did not cause damage to. It is fraudulent providing someone with a car that has issues and then making the client pay for fixing them. Sad Shocked angry:

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Service, Billing practices, Product and service quality, Customer service.

Comments