I rented SUV from Santa Clarita, CA location as one way to drop off in Denver CO.
1. The car was dirty from inside and they did not do anything about it.
2. After about 300 miles :maintenance required, oil change required came on and stayed on. I have another 800 miles to go through and this could be big safety issue if car heated or got on fire.
After arriving Denver when I went to drop off the car and discussed the situation, the agent clearly said he cannot do anything about it. I requested him to be contacted with regional manager of the area, but regional manager never came on phone to discuss but he instructed his agent to let us talk to pick up location. Upon calling pick up location, people in budget at Santa Clarita location were rude and they did not accept the responsibility.
3. When leaving Santa Clarita location, I informed them that I will drop the car on 14th and not 13th, so he should adjust my days and price. I was told one extra day would be $70 and it is updated in system. Upon returning the car in Denver on 14th July, I was charged $175 for an extra day and not $70.
The rental charges agreed were $464.17 (from July 9 to July 13). Additional day $70 were verbally agreed to be paid upon return on July 14th
Insurance was added $220
Total bill at return location was $684.17
For an extra day, they charged me $175
I need compensation & full refund for the notorious action Budget has done and put me through high safety risk.
This tells me how careless they are when renting the car, the car was not washed, checked or maintained, leaving customers with safety issues. And people also did not update my return date. This is merely not accepted from rental car companies.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unethical business practice
- Rude customer service rep
- Damaged car and horrible customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I rented a car through Relayrides for a quick 2-day trip, and I've been dealing with Relayrides for almost a month now for the damages I didn't cause, and they're..."
- "Reservation: 09098200IE6 Rental Agreement: E162313056 I had rental a car with you by RENTALCARS.COM with their #reservation 315515347 and payed total bill as the doc attached shows, returned the vehicle exactly as..."
- "Confirmation number: L6390697 Rental record: 8Z4606545 Even after I said that I DON´T WANT the clerk included UMP and SLI fees. She lied to me telling me that I would´t be charged for..."
- "About a month I ordered a "fruit salad tree" from the Gardeners Collection. According to the website, these trees ship at 3-4'. Mine arrived yesterday and is less than 10"!!..."
- "I would never again purchase a Jenn-air product of any type. I had a stove top for less than three years and it cracked. The crack was not due to..."
- "This is the 4th time UPS does this!!! I am sick and tired of it!!! Please avoid them!!!! They are extremely unprofessional!!!!! Who does this s***????? Don't you guys drug..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "I am duly authorized by law, and duty bound as a Spiritual Master, to make statements in public to warn other people about harm or danger. This falls under Qualified..."