Budget Rent A Car - Safety issues with rental car from Budget

52 of 277 Budget Rent A Car reviews

I rented SUV from Santa Clarita, CA location as one way to drop off in Denver CO.

1. The car was dirty from inside and they did not do anything about it.

2. After about 300 miles :maintenance required, oil change required came on and stayed on. I have another 800 miles to go through and this could be big safety issue if car heated or got on fire.

After arriving Denver when I went to drop off the car and discussed the situation, the agent clearly said he cannot do anything about it. I requested him to be contacted with regional manager of the area, but regional manager never came on phone to discuss but he instructed his agent to let us talk to pick up location. Upon calling pick up location, people in budget at Santa Clarita location were rude and they did not accept the responsibility.

3. When leaving Santa Clarita location, I informed them that I will drop the car on 14th and not 13th, so he should adjust my days and price. I was told one extra day would be $70 and it is updated in system. Upon returning the car in Denver on 14th July, I was charged $175 for an extra day and not $70.

The rental charges agreed were $464.17 (from July 9 to July 13). Additional day $70 were verbally agreed to be paid upon return on July 14th

Insurance was added $220

Total bill at return location was $684.17

For an extra day, they charged me $175

I need compensation & full refund for the notorious action Budget has done and put me through high safety risk.

This tells me how careless they are when renting the car, the car was not washed, checked or maintained, leaving customers with safety issues. And people also did not update my return date. This is merely not accepted from rental car companies.

I need

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items
  • What I disliked
    • Unethical business practice
    • Rude customer service rep
    • Damaged car and horrible customer service
    • Quality

Reason of review:
Damaged and defective, problem with payment, poor customer service, bad quality, order processing issue
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Rentals
review #884625

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Budget Rent A Car? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
52 of 277 Budget Rent A Car reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.