Aurora, Colorado

I rented SUV from Santa Clarita, CA location as one way to drop off in Denver CO.

1. The car was dirty from inside and they did not do anything about it.

2. After about 300 miles :maintenance required, oil change required came on and stayed on. I have another 800 miles to go through and this could be big safety issue if car heated or got on fire.

After arriving Denver when I went to drop off the car and discussed the situation, the agent clearly said he cannot do anything about it. I requested him to be contacted with regional manager of the area, but regional manager never came on phone to discuss but he instructed his agent to let us talk to pick up location. Upon calling pick up location, people in budget at Santa Clarita location were rude and they did not accept the responsibility.

3. When leaving Santa Clarita location, I informed them that I will drop the car on 14th and not 13th, so he should adjust my days and price. I was told one extra day would be $70 and it is updated in system. Upon returning the car in Denver on 14th July, I was charged $175 for an extra day and not $70.

The rental charges agreed were $464.17 (from July 9 to July 13). Additional day $70 were verbally agreed to be paid upon return on July 14th

Insurance was added $220

Total bill at return location was $684.17

For an extra day, they charged me $175

I need compensation & full refund for the notorious action Budget has done and put me through high safety risk.

This tells me how careless they are when renting the car, the car was not washed, checked or maintained, leaving customers with safety issues. And people also did not update my return date. This is merely not accepted from rental car companies.

I need

I didn't like: Unethical business practice, Rude customer service rep, Damaged car and horrible customer service, Quality.

Insurance Quality
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged and defective, problem with payment, poor customer service, bad quality, order processing issue / $1200
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Budget Rent A Car?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.