Budget Rent A Car - Safety issues with rental car from Budget
I rented SUV from Santa Clarita, CA location as one way to drop off in Denver CO.
1. The car was dirty from inside and they did not do anything about it.
2. After about 300 miles :maintenance required, oil change required came on and stayed on. I have another 800 miles to go through and this could be big safety issue if car heated or got on fire.
After arriving Denver when I went to drop off the car and discussed the situation, the agent clearly said he cannot do anything about it. I requested him to be contacted with regional manager of the area, but regional manager never came on phone to discuss but he instructed his agent to let us talk to pick up location. Upon calling pick up location, people in budget at Santa Clarita location were rude and they did not accept the responsibility.
3. When leaving Santa Clarita location, I informed them that I will drop the car on 14th and not 13th, so he should adjust my days and price. I was told one extra day would be $70 and it is updated in system. Upon returning the car in Denver on 14th July, I was charged $175 for an extra day and not $70.
The rental charges agreed were $464.17 (from July 9 to July 13). Additional day $70 were verbally agreed to be paid upon return on July 14th
Insurance was added $220
Total bill at return location was $684.17
For an extra day, they charged me $175
I need compensation & full refund for the notorious action Budget has done and put me through high safety risk.
This tells me how careless they are when renting the car, the car was not washed, checked or maintained, leaving customers with safety issues. And people also did not update my return date. This is merely not accepted from rental car companies.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unethical business practice
- Rude customer service rep
- Damaged car and horrible customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Please find enclosed details of my recent experience with Europcar in Manchester. I am launching a claim against the company today in the Small Claims Court but I believe there..."
- "The counters at budget always try to upswell no matter what city I'm renting from and the answer is always no with exception of my last experience. The car was..."
- "Reservation # 33995234US0 Budget is probably one of the worst I have ever dealt with. I had a very important trip with my young son for him to play..."
- "POOR PRINT QUALITY AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Don't take my word for it just read this CRAZY email thread: ---------------Original Message--------------- From: Jerry Cunningham To: 123Print Support Team - email@example.com Subject: Order Quality To Whom..."
- "They're there to steal your identity and lie about who you're married they're there to steal your identity and lie about who you're married to as well as use..."
- "Checked in to aurora Colorado extended stay and was not greeted by front desk. Attendant was in the back I waited 15 mins for check in. Was told..."
- "My TV was having issues connecting to the internet and also had a large white spot on it. I even sent in pictures and they agreed there was an issue...."
- "Got E-mail for FREE SHIPPING and 25% off all merchandise. That is a total and complete lie. They give nothing off on AS SEEN ON TV ITEMS. The web-site does..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."