4475 W Tropicana Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89103, USA

rent a car from budget and go to jail??? so, i go to this location to pick up my reservation, secured through your aeroplan partner (to whom i will be requesting a refund) the reserved car is not there, they sub in a 4 passenger instead of the 7 passenger i reserved.

Obviously i complained about this. firmly but respectfully. after 2 tries, finallygave up...i decided to rent a second car elsewhere. i said to the woman "i understand this is not your fault, just give me the keys and i will get out of your hair" This {{redacted}} goes nuts and says "i'm not renting you a car" keep in mind, i have a fully executed contract and the order is paid...at this point i'm actually responsible for this car...

so i go outside to explain the situation to my wife and friend who are waiting patiently. i go back inside, and this woman has disappeared. the other guy at the counter ignores me when i ask if someone else can help me. i ask the lot guy if he can hand me the keys so i can get on with my day.

he says "she's renting you the car not me" and finally the "manager" (another woman) comes up and says she (the other woman) says that i "threatened to blow her head off" needless to say i was flabbergasted. I suggested that she ask any of the other 6 or so customers in the store at the time what i said....she ignored me. another customer at this point walks past me saying "what a bunch of *** clowns, they don't have my reservation either" and she left. finally i managed to convince the "manager woman" to give me the keys so i could get out of there.

I have owned a security business for 30 years. i am so offended that my integrity was called into question and these patently false statements were directed at me especially in front of so many people. I plan to complain long and loud to whomever will give me a platform or an ear. especially with your marketing partner aeroplan, to whom i paid a significant amount for this rental.

i expect to be fully reimbursed for this rental according to all of the staff at this location "no one at head office cares about me or my problems" so i also expect my complaints to fall on deaf ears. hopefully a senior manager will see this one day and i'll get a call from someone who cares about your company, it's obvious that this ship of fools at this location could not possibly care less.

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: bait and switch, threats.

Budget Rent A Car Cons: Being falsly accused of making threats.

• worst car rent company
  • Over Charges