1.6
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Original reservation was Jun 19-26, which I extended to Jun 27.I returned this car on the evening of Jun 27, locked it and left key in key drop as instructed, checking to make sure key did not stay in the drawer compartment after I closed it.

Staff did not take initiative to contact me when they saw the car but not the key the morning of July 28When I went back to the location on July 1, they also did not have a copy of my rental agreement, so this location seems a bit disorganized. They also had let my reservation remain open for an extra 3 days, until Jun 30, although I had returned the car July 28. As a consequence I was charged for the lost key as well as an extension of 3 days (Jun 28-30). I found out about the extra $1035.18 that had charged me in July and went back in person on July 10.

Location staff said they would sort it out and call July 11 they did not call me. It took me a dozen calls before they picked up near closing hour on July 11. They directed me to customers service, which insisted that I should be financially liable for a key that I had returned following their instructions. Here I would like to point out several things, 1.If I could lock the car, I had the keys when I dropped the car off 2.The parking spot is just a few steps away from the key drop, it is virtually impossible to lose the key while walking this short distance 3.After I put the key in the key drop and closed the drawer/top compartment, I opened it again to make sure the key did not stay there and had dropped into the bottom compartment 4.I returned the key in the company of my boyfriend, he can testify that I returned the key properly 5.And if you claim that both of us are lying about returning the keys?

I have no incentive for me to keep the keys, and not the car and then lie about it.

I have already contacted Budgets billing department and customer services and was told there is nothing to be done but follow company policy and pay for a key that I did not lose.This warrants additional investigation by the company, as well as third parties with no personal interest in this.

Review about: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Charged 1035 extension and key loss i was not responsible for.

Had an Experience with Budget Rent A Car?

Comments