I rented a truck from Budget Rental in Warwick RI in July 2018. At that time I was not informed that there was a EZ pass in the truck and I paid cash for all my tolls.

I was subsequently charged for the tolls by Budget. When I called the rental place, they couldn't assist me, then I had to call customer service and they couldn't assist me. I then had to call the Budget toll department before anyone could finally help me. They would not reimburse me because I didn't have receipts.

I did not need receipts for my records. I was never informed that the EZ pass existed nor that it could be turned off or on. I was told it was in the contract and that I should have read it!!!!! I would never recommend this company to anyone.

I believe that the people renting the vehicle to me should have given me that information prior to me leaving with the truck. It is the first time I ever rented a truck and would never rent from Budget again.

Comments