State: New York City: Brooklyn Product: Budget Rent A Car Ford Car Rental Clear all filters (1 of 8 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Budget Rent A Car in Brooklyn, New York - A total scam!

I have reserved a car online, with intention to upgrade it to a convertible, because I did not see it online. When I came to a location in JFK to pick up the car, they said that they do not have a convertible, but they gave me a Mustang to drive to a different location in the city to replace it to a convertible. I've spent about 2 hours on the hone looking for the other location that has the car that I need, and in the end I was told that I can return this car and get a full refund if I do not need it anymore. So I did! And I was advised to call customer service to make sure that money will go back to my account. As I called, they told me that money will be back in 3-5 days. A week passed, and it was nothing. I called again, explained my situation. Lady on the phone said that there were no refunds issued on my account. In 3 days I got half of the amount returned. I called again, what happened with the rest? my total bill was a bit over 650, they returned me 376. And when I called them asking where is the rest, they told me that I was redounded as I was suppose to. Because I had the car for more then 3 hours, I was charged for a whole day.... It just does not make sense... if the price for the car is 180 a day.. How I end up paying 275 a day.. when the 3 day bill was 652. Apparently there were some taxes.. In addition to what I have already paid. I would advise not to use their services! It's a scam! They will find how to rip you off!
Review
Service
Budget Rent A Car Ford Car Rental
Cons
  • Being decieved
  • Being lied to
  • Dishonesty of the company
Reason of review