State: Nevada City: Las Vegas Product: Budget Rent A Car Kia Car Rental Clear all filters (1 of 7 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Budget Rent a Car LV gave away my booked minivan

2.1
On Mar 26, 2016, I went to pick up my reserved minivan from 2 months ago. I am travelling with a 2 toddlers (1 year old and a 2 year old). Basically, due to spring break, Budget rented out all their minivans for high price. The manager offered me 2 upgrades which was a Ford F-150 and a Chevrolet Tahoe. Those are not upgrades to me, they are gas guzzlers that don't fit my needs. She tried me make me feel that I was wrong and that Budget was already doing me a favor. Then, they offered me a full size car at 10% off their current rates. When I booked the minivan, it was 3 times the price of a full size car. So, they were trying to give me a downgrade of a car as well as ripping me off on the rental price. Instead of offering me 2/3 off the rental price which would have only matched the price 2 months ago when I booked it, they gave me 10% off the current rate. I wasted over 1 hour there and my kids were hungry and tired. In the end with me being very upset, they gave me a Kia Sedona minivan. On my Costco contract, I reserved a Toyota Siena. In the past, they have told me that a Toyota Siena is a higher grade van than a Kia or a Dodge. I was just too tired and just took it. I can tell the van has been parked there for awhile because the engine was cold and beside it was parked another Toyota minivan. Basically, they had the minivan all along and was probably trying to rent it out for a higher price to another customer due to spring break. When an airline bumps you off a flight because they oversold at high prices, they give you a free flight next time plus they put you on the next flight for free. In this case, they tried to take away my reservation and tried to take more money for a full size car. In the end, I still got a downgrade of a minivan and wasted over an hour. This made my 3 day vacation with two young toddlers miserable. I book from Costco because it is a large reputable company and I thought the same for Budget until now.

you sound like a loser with no life

Review
Service
Budget Rent A Car Kia Car Rental
Cons
  • Being deceived
Reason of review