Managua, Managua

Rented a car online with the Car Rental Republic in Managua, Nicaragua. The best price provided was from Budget Rent a Car. The total cost shown on the reservation was 58.17$. This cost was as per the contract inclusive of the Supplemental Liability Insurance. The contract states the following : Supplemental Liability insurance (SLI) is mandatory and is included in the approximate total.

When I presented my self in the late evening to get my rental the total cost was now 177.24$. This is late night in Managua which is far from ideal when you need to find another car rental.

I then wrote to budget upon my return. The supervisor for Central America wrote back. The individual was incompetent in his response and advised that since it was not directly done via budjet he was not responsible for third party providers that represent budget and offer their services.

His response lets me believe that budget endorses these deceptive practices. I then requested the name of his supervisor my email and he never responded.

I rent cars regularly for travel and our preferred rented is AVIS/BUDGET. I no longer use their services.

Regards,

Jean

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Comments

LadyScot

The contract states that unless you have full coverage on your personal vehicle you are required to purchase their insurance. Would YOU let a stranger drive YOUR car with no insurance????