Resolved
4.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jul 11, 2018

This issue is resolved to my satisfaction.

Update by user Jul 11, 2018

To Budget's credit, I was contacted by their social media representative who offered an apology and a nice refund on a portion of my rental. It seems Budget is making an effort to maintain their reputation.

Original review posted by user Jul 11, 2018

On June 29, 2018 I went to the Budget Car Rental at 1617 SE 17th Street Causeway, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33316 to pick up the rental I had reserved on May 1st, 2018.

Confirmation number 34455775US4.

Reservation number on rental agreement: 38508639-US-1

I was given a Toyota Highlander SUV, when my husband opened the cargo lift, the space was filled with boxes and trash. We pointed this out to the Budget attendant and he removed the items and also vacuumed out the space which was dirty.

When we examined the car closer we discovered it was filthy inside and out. Nether interior or exterior had been cleaned, windows front and rear covered in dust, front window had a stone crack, drivers side carpet dirty with holes, a large gob of purple goo on the rear seat. Steering wheel sticky.

I asked the attendant if he had a clean car to give me, his smart answer was "There isn't another car, if you don't take it I'll cancel your reservation." There was no apology, he also was reluctant to answer questions regarding the operation of the vehicle. I had made the reservation well in advance as I had a Memorial Service to attend for my father, and had no option but to drive off in a filthy car.

The car performed well, no complaint there, but Budget service was a disappointment.

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Comments