99 Beardsley Ave, Stratford, CT 06615, USA
2.0

On July 4 I reserved and prepaid a Chevy Tahoe on for my family vacation beginning on August 11. Since the reservation, I called 4 times to reconfirm that I would get the car I asked for.

2 times to the central reservation number and then 2 times to the local office where I would be picking up the vehicle. Each time I was reassured that I was prepaid and would have the Tahoe. The 4th call I made the day before to the local office and was told the same thing.

When my wife and I went to pick up the vehicle the next day, I was told they did not have it -were sold out and they offered me a lesser class vehicle, Classic Bait & Switch! The company had my money for a month, and I booked that far in advance so this wouldn't happen.

I then had to call the 800 number and talk with a number of people but they could do nothing but give me some money off.

Why can't I get what I paid for?

Is that asking too much? I guess so......I will never rent from Budget/ Avis again.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Budget Rent A Car Cons: Bait & switch operation, Did not get what i paid for.

Comments