I reserved a full sized car from Budget Car Rental (an Avis company) to be picked up at the Hilton Head Airport terminal. The rental ran from 2/13/18 to 2/27/18 and I prepaid on line to get a better rate.

When I went to pick the car up there must not have been any Chevy Malibu's or similar because the lady gave me a mid sized Cadillac. At no time did she mention an up charge and she proceeded to have me initial all the appropriate areas to ok car condition, insurance denials, etc.... Obviously one of those lines pertained to the up charge and I must have signed it unknowingly in my haste to get the car and get going. I never dreamed that I would be up charged as I assumed they didn't have a Chevy or similar and were upgrading me because of that.

Again, NO MENTION OF ANY UP CHARGE.

I get my credit card bill the other day and they've charged me an additional $163.24 for the Cadillac which I never asked for or wanted. The lady that runs the Avis/Budget counter was deceptive and should be fired.

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Comments