1.5
Additional Fees

I made an online reservation and prepaid a 12-day rental. I purposely declined all extras and the additional insurance since my credit card provides primary coverage for rental vehicles.

When I showed up at the office to pick up my car, I added an additional day and was then asked if I wanted additional insurance and I declined once again. She then had me give multiple electronic signatures and verbally confirmed that a specific signature was to decline the loss/damage waiver. My fault in all of this was that I didn't review the printed paperwork after the transaction. After returning the vehicle, I was shocked to see nearly $380 in additional charges for the loss damage waiver that I previously declined (to the best of my knowledge).

I called the national customer service number and he said that they were only able to return 50% of the charges since I electronically signed the rental agreement and agreed to the charges.

I suppose I should consider myself lucky since it looks like this has happened to many people and their money was never returned. I will NEVER use budget again after reading all of the complaints.

Review about: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Quality vehicle.

I didn't like: Deceptive practices, Dishonesty of the company.

Comments

Exact same thing happened to me. I will never use this disgusting company again.