1.5
Additional Fees

I made an online reservation and prepaid a 12-day rental.I purposely declined all extras and the additional insurance since my credit card provides primary coverage for rental vehicles.

When I showed up at the office to pick up my car, I added an additional day and was then asked if I wanted additional insurance and I declined once again. She then had me give multiple electronic signatures and verbally confirmed that a specific signature was to decline the loss/damage waiver. My fault in all of this was that I didn't review the printed paperwork after the transaction. After returning the vehicle, I was shocked to see nearly $380 in additional charges for the loss damage waiver that I previously declined (to the best of my knowledge).

I called the national customer service number and he said that they were only able to return 50% of the charges since I electronically signed the rental agreement and agreed to the charges.

I suppose I should consider myself lucky since it looks like this has happened to many people and their money was never returned.I will NEVER use budget again after reading all of the complaints.

Review about: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Quality vehicle.

I didn't like: Deceptive practices, Dishonesty of the company.

Comments

Exact same thing happened to me. I will never use this disgusting company again.