5140 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC V7B 1V1, Canada
1.8

Reserved an SUV in Vancouver, Canada. When I arrived they didn't have an SUV available.

Local laws required a vehicle with winter tires. They provided me a full size car with winter tires, but said they had to charge me an extra $150 for the rental. Picked up the vehicle in the evening and drove to my destination 1 hr away from the airport. Next day when the sun heated up the interior of the vehicle, opened the door and was overwhelmed with the smell of stale cigarettes emanating from the cloth seats.

Called about returning the vehicle; they said no problem - just have to return it to where it was picked up - an hr away from my destination!! Arrived back at the airport and once again they didn't have a vehicle ready for me. Waited until they could find something - ended up with an old vehicle (had 40,000KM on it). They have great people who try their best to give good service, but they don't have the system or the product to handle customer needs.

The rental was not worth what I had to pay. I rent over 100 days/year and have no reason to return to Budget!

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments