27364 Woodward Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48067, USA
2.8

On 2/23/18, My husband and I went to pick up our prepaid reservation. The gentleman informed me that I can upgrade for $35.

We agreed... he took my card for the deposit money and stated it wouldn’t go through. I called my credit card company to confirm my info, the credit was available (and then some). I asked if he wanted to speak with them to confirm the credit was available, he tried the card again, I stayed on with my credit card company who stated that there was no authorization coming through on her end.

We were on our way out of town, so we decided to put it in my husbands name, in order to use his card. The gentleman informed me to call the 800 number to cancel my prepaid reservation and receive a refund. I did while still there, and Raul assured me that the refund would post in 3-5 business days.

Fast forward to today, we are in the process of buying a home. I have credit alerts set so that I can monitor my credit closely, I checked my report after receiving an alert that the score had dropped 10 points.

I checked, it was due to a high balance on my card. (This card is one I rarely use and the limit is low, I obtained it when I first began repairing my credit), and a hard credit inquiry by Budget. I checked the credit card account; my refund was not posted. I owe nothing and this was the only thing used on the card.

I called Budget to ask why my refund had not been processed. I spoke with Louie, he apologized and said he just escalated it to the “team” and I will receive the refund in 3-5 business days. I was pissed, because he couldn’t tell me why I hadn’t received it in the first place. He just kept apologizing, but the apology is not the concern.

Why was an inquiry placed on my credit and why was my card not accepted and why was my refund not sent? I want the inquiry removed and if this affects my mortgage loan in ANY way, I will be suing for damages!

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments