August 31, 2017 Budget Rent-A-Car 7135 Gilespie Las Vegas, NV 89119 Dear Sir or Madam, Upon arriving to Las Vegas on August 15th following a four-hour flight from Florida, we went to pick up our prepaid rental car.We had reserved a Chrysler 200 or similar vehicle and prepaid the $586.50 inclusive of taxes and fees.

We were informed there were no Chrysler 200s available and was offered a Kia Soul. Not wanting the Kia, the agent promptly asked if I had a Costco account. I said no, but did have a Sam's Club account. She said that would be the same and said I could thus receive a 35% discount on an upgrade.

She offered both a Premium and a luxury upgrade daily rate. Obviously upset about the situation, I left the desk to speak with my wife. The agent came over to us and said her manager would allow her to take us to see the vehicles offered. We proceeded to follow her out as she continued to push the Luxury upgrade saying it was the best for the price.

A lone Cadillac was prominently parked nearby. As we passed, we told the agent we were not interested in a Luxury vehicle. We were then shown two Toyota Avalons and we chose one. Though I did not agree with the upgrade, under duress I reluctantly signed for the upgrade.

This brought the total cost of the two-week rental to $1,042.38. Not only was this a classic bait and switch, I could have rented the Avalon in advance and paid only $624.86. (See attached Avalon rental cost). To make matters worse, upon leaving security stopped us because the car's registration did not match the paperwork.

We had to return to the counter and have the agent re-do the rental papers. She spoke to another agent saying "I see what happened", though she never informed us what the problem was. After wasting an hour of time, we finally departed only to realize later that the vehicle had a strong odor of smoke. Though the car's driver's side window had a no smoking'' sticker, a prior renter had indeed heavily smoked and Budget neglected to have the car cleaned.

We had no choice at that point, other than wasting additional vacation time. A Kia Soul is NOT similar to a Chrysler 200.

(See attached specification reports on both vehicles.) Due to this breach of contract by Budget-Rent-A-Car, we demand a full refund of the upgrade cost of $455.88.This was not a customer friendly experience.

Review about: Budget Rent A Car Toyota Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Being taken advantage of as a tourist.

Had an Experience with Budget Rent A Car?

Comments