Phoenix, Arizona
1.8

I rented a car from Budget online on 9/2/16 and paid $185 for the prepay option. When I arrived to pick up my car it was early in the morning and the attendant said his printer was working so he took 45 minutes to draw up my rental agreement while he tried to fix the printer.

When I returned the car I was charged again $182.25 on 9/6/2016. I called Customer Service and they apologized and said that the person who did my rental agreement did not check the pre-pay waiver box. They advised they would be crediting my account and I would see the credit in 3-5 days. On 9/13 I was contacted by an Operations Manager for Budget named Shannon Dondle.

She said she was happy that they were able to resolve my issue and that she wanted to offer me some coupons to help restore my trust in the company. Her e-mail however did not contain any coupons nor did it have a link to any coupons. Also at this point my issue still was not resolved as I still have not received the credit. I replied back to her letting her know my issue still wasn't resolved and she never replied back to me.

Then I called Budget on 9/23 as I still have not yet received my credit. At first the agent told me I was credit back on 9/1/16. When I gave push back stating that was impossible since I didn't even rent the car until 9/2 then he offered to research it further. Then he stated the previous agent sent in the wrong request and so he would be putting in another request for the credit.

He now has told me I need to wait another 5 days for my credit. As of now I've been double charged and I have no faith that I will ever get the refund I am owed.

I definitely still haven't seen any coupons that were also promised to me. Needless to say, I will not be using Budget again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Budget Rent A Car Cons: Being double charged, Service, Timing for refund.

Comments