Featured on Facebook 100% full Not resolved

Budget in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia (via its licensee John Nettlefold Nominees Pty Ltd) debited my credit card $3,369.93 for 3 days car rental!

Related: Budget Rent A Car - Cleaning Fee

I returned the car to Hobart airport; there were no Budget representatives in return area, so I had to return the key to the rental desk.

When I left the car, it was not damaged. The called later and said the car had a scratch on the rear passenger door and the rear bumper and I would be liable for these. I had photographic evidence of the bumper scratch existing when I took deliver of the car, so they dropped that scratch.

I was in the Qantas lounge when they called, so I quickly went an took photos of the car. There was a scratch on the door and a large white minibus had been parked right up close in the adjacent bay since I returned the car. The minibus had a paint chip on the door that seemed to line up with the scratch. Budget said they would not debit my card for the insurance excess ($2,500) until I sent them the pictures - but they did anyway along with their other unexplained fees, levies and charges ($353).

Budget are not interested in anything I have to say, they are acting unilaterally and just taking money. I have filed a court case as this action breaches Australian Consumer Law, including provisions on unfair contract clauses.

I figured I'd put this up so anyone reading it at least goes in with their eyes wide open, if they rent a car from Budget.

Review about: Nissan Rental.

I didn't like: Being overcharged, Budget breaching australian consumer law, Unlawful unfair contract terms.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / $2800
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Budget Rent A Car?

Comments

You should add a review on rentalcarreviews.com