Budget Rent A Car - Budget debited my credit card $3,369.92 for 3 days car rental
Budget in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia (via its licensee John Nettlefold Nominees Pty Ltd) debited my credit card $3,369.93 for 3 days car rental!
I returned the car to Hobart airport; there were no Budget representatives in return area, so I had to return the key to the rental desk.
When I left the car, it was not damaged. The called later and said the car had a scratch on the rear passenger door and the rear bumper and I would be liable for these. I had photographic evidence of the bumper scratch existing when I took deliver of the car, so they dropped that scratch.
I was in the Qantas lounge when they called, so I quickly went an took photos of the car. There was a scratch on the door and a large white minibus had been parked right up close in the adjacent bay since I returned the car. The minibus had a paint chip on the door that seemed to line up with the scratch. Budget said they would not debit my card for the insurance excess ($2,500) until I sent them the pictures - but they did anyway along with their other unexplained fees, levies and charges ($353).
Budget are not interested in anything I have to say, they are acting unilaterally and just taking money. I have filed a court case as this action breaches Australian Consumer Law, including provisions on unfair contract clauses.
I figured I'd put this up so anyone reading it at least goes in with their eyes wide open, if they rent a car from Budget.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being overcharged
- Budget breaching australian consumer law
- Unlawful unfair contract terms
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Nissan Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or..."
- "I rented a car through Relayrides for a quick 2-day trip, and I've been dealing with Relayrides for almost a month now for the damages I didn't cause, and they're..."
- "Before making a reservation with budget car rental, I asked them if my international drivers license and debit card were acceptable. They said they were. I asked them if I..."
- "After searching for a specific cover for my Dagde A100 pickup seal skin supposedly had the one for me. As being an international purchaser I like the 100% free shipping..."
- "yes guys u are right. There customer service is really worse. We order something and they deliver something else. These people doesn't know how to talk so please don't order..."
- "I have seen multitudes of Fair Use compliant videos on youtube (mostly YTPs) taken down by this evil greedy company. Viacom's legal team need to re-educate themselves, seriously... These videos are..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."