Budget Rent A Car - Budget debited my credit card $3,369.92 for 3 days car rental

94 of 277 Budget Rent A Car reviews

Budget in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia (via its licensee John Nettlefold Nominees Pty Ltd) debited my credit card $3,369.93 for 3 days car rental!

I returned the car to Hobart airport; there were no Budget representatives in return area, so I had to return the key to the rental desk.

When I left the car, it was not damaged. The called later and said the car had a scratch on the rear passenger door and the rear bumper and I would be liable for these. I had photographic evidence of the bumper scratch existing when I took deliver of the car, so they dropped that scratch.

I was in the Qantas lounge when they called, so I quickly went an took photos of the car. There was a scratch on the door and a large white minibus had been parked right up close in the adjacent bay since I returned the car. The minibus had a paint chip on the door that seemed to line up with the scratch. Budget said they would not debit my card for the insurance excess ($2,500) until I sent them the pictures - but they did anyway along with their other unexplained fees, levies and charges ($353).

Budget are not interested in anything I have to say, they are acting unilaterally and just taking money. I have filed a court case as this action breaches Australian Consumer Law, including provisions on unfair contract clauses.

I figured I'd put this up so anyone reading it at least goes in with their eyes wide open, if they rent a car from Budget.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Being overcharged
    • Budget breaching australian consumer law
    • Unlawful unfair contract terms

Nissan Rental
Review category
Rentals
review #766136 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Budget Rent A Car? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
94 of 277 Budget Rent A Car reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 10 #1092133

You should add a review on rentalcarreviews.com

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.