Saint Charles, Illinois

I was chatting with a budget rep to have my fastbreak number added to my reservation. They requested my budget reservation # and fastbreak # which I provided.

Next, they asked for my CostCo membership number, which happens to be the credit card number. I explained that I was not comfortable sharing my credit card number over chat and questioned why it was necessary to access my account. They said "no worries, we will immediately erase it after accessing your account." I said "mmm. This does not sound legit to me.

I will call Budget instead of using chat." And, then the chat window disappeared. I called Customer Service and the rep was clueless -- didn't think it was a big deal. When I asked to talk to a Supervisor, he wasn't much better. Said he would escalate, but did so very half heartedly.

Apparently, Budget doesn't think this is a big deal. I would think Budget would want to find the person (or people) on their staff that is trying to steal customer credit card numbers.

The other issue I have is that in order to add my FastBreak number to the account, they would have to rebook me at today's rate which is $100 higher than yesterday's. I'm not changing dates, location, times -- just want to add my fastbreak number so I don't have to wait in the long rental line.

Apparently, that's not possible with Budget's system.

I've been a loyal Thrifty customer and was only considering Budget because of the lower rate. Very disappointed and leery after this experience.

Comments