I rented a small SUV from Budget Car Rental between 1/24/2018 and 1/31/2018 at the LAX airport. The total charges were prepaid in full when the reservation was made online.

I picked up the car and returned it promptly during the designated rental period. Two weeks later, I noticed that there was an additional charge of $20.75 on my credit card by Budget Car Rental. It appears that the charge was for road tolls which I did not use. I did not even open the toll transponder trying to activate it.

Besides, only some of the car pool lanes in the Los Angeles have tolls. I called them to question about that. They said it was a dollar something charges with a nineteen dollars plus fee. They wanted me to call the toll company myself to dispute the charges.

This is ridiculous because I don’t own the transponder, Budget Car Rental does. This is very unethical and I would not do any business with this company again, ever.

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Unauthorized additional charges.

Comments