9775 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA

DO NOT RENT from this deceitful company; you're better off taking your money and lighting it on fire. I learned the hard way that the word of an Avis employee apparently means nothing, and that they will tie the written contract you've signed as a noose around your neck.

I was charged $2850 for a rental car that was towed on Aug 31st; when I saw the vehicle had been towed I notified Avis within the hour. After calling the Avis Roadside Assistance number on my rental key and explaining the situation to a Roadside Assistance member by providing the exact details of the time and place the incident occurred, I was assured that the insurance I opted in through Avis would cover all additional expenses, and that I was fine to board my flight out of LA back to Boston. Weeks later I received a $2850 charge on my card without any explanation other than the fact that it had taken Avis 16 days to retrieve the vehicle and that I was liable for all additional charges. When I explained that I had received verbal confirmation from an Avis employee that I was absolved of all responsibility regarding the towing, I was told that nothing mattered except the written contract I had signed for the original expected cost of $135, and that I could not prove this conversation happened.

After filing an additional claim with Bank of America, I was told from BoA that Avis is apparently trying to drag this dispute out to December 13th which is the deadline for a resolution on this claim. After repeatedly calling into Avis customer service and the Avis LAX office for weeks on end, I have yet to receive any update or any kind of useful information from their end (in fact, they never ever sent me the final itemized receipt for $2850 - I had to get it through Bank of America).

Since it is clear my attempts to resolve this dispute through front-line customer service channels have failed to produce any results, I am taking a different approach. Shame on you Avis for gross customer negligence, and for intentionally providing misinformation that you can conveniently deny later on in order to put an impossible burden of proof on your customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Roadside Assistance.

Budget Rent A Car Cons: Deceiving given misinformation, Lack of communication, Horrible customer service, Failure to explain charges.

• DECEITFUL BILLING PRACTICES
  • Over Charges
  • Misinformed Agents
  • Misinformation
  • Towing
  • Loss Damage Waiver

Comments

" I was told that nothing mattered except the written contract I had signed "

Previous knowledge of that simple tidbit would have saved you $2850.

It's never too late too learn and this incident may save you 10x that someday.

The four corners of the paper are -IT-

I sympathize for you , however, because you are a normal, trusting, trustworthy individual whose word is his bond and I believe your account of the incident.

Unfortunately, not everyone else is like that.

Budget Rent A Car Reviews