1.5

I needed a car so I went to Budget on the recommendation of a friend. I made a reservation.

The system asked for a credit card to "hold" the reservation. I gave one as I would at any hotel or other location. I decided five minutes later that I did not want to rent the car. Budget told me there is a $50 charge to cancel!!!!

They sent a confirmation email saying the fee would be $0.00!!! This company is obviously a rip off and I discourage anyone from giving them your credit card info to "hold" a reservation. I made two calls to the company to no avail.

My credit card company said they will dispute the charge as soon as it posts in the morning and they should be able to get my money back. I discourage anyone from using this company, or if you do, DO NOT GIVE YOUR CARD INFO AHEAD OF TIME!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Budget Rent A Car Ford Car Rental.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Budget Rent A Car Cons: Budget charging me 50 to cancel 5 min after making, Budget sending email saying fee is 0 but not honouring.

• Rental Car Complaint

Comments

Omg!! I wish I had read all your comments in regards to Budget prior to being slapped in the face with the $50 fee for canceling. They are truly a ripoff, back stabbing, thieves!!

They are the worst

Yeah, same thing happened to me. Budget rent a car is a rip off.