• show-popup

Product / Service Insurance Charge
Location Watertown, South Dakota
Category Rentals
Views 74

I had reserved a minivan from Budget and told them I did not want their insurance.The price of the rental was $366.00 for a week.

We picked up the van in Vegas and told the budget employee once again we did not want their insurance. At the end of the week we dropped off the minivan and the bill came to $525.00. The crooks went ahead and added the insurance.
I did sign the agreement at pickup, not knowing that the insurance was added. The Manager told me I had signed the agreement and they would look into it.

Still have heard nothing.They are very dishonest!!!! 3010a03

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 30, 2012
Budget Car Rental Customer Service Rep ripped me off at the St. Louis, MO rental agency -- he told me that additional coverage was $26 for bumper-to-bumber coverage and they charged me $26 PER DAY. Huge Fraud Scam, and it's all over the internet how Budget does this to unwitting customers! No more Budget for Me. I'm going to National, Thifty or Avis from now on!
Reply to Tom W

Mar 19, 2012
Budget cars UK SCAM EVERY CUSTOMER WHO RENT THEIR CARS THROUGH A THIRD PARTY (MOST COMMON MEANS OF PAYMENT AS BUDGET RATES ARE EXPENSIVE) THEY KNOW THAT HIDDEN IN THE SMALL PRINT THAT THE INSURANCE EVEN IF UPGRADED IS USELESS AND WILL NOT COVER DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE. THEY THEN AT THE POINT OF PICK UP DEMAND THAT YOU TAKE MORE TOP UP INSURANCE FOR PROPER COVER. MORALLY WRONG. I STOOD AT A Q AT STANSTEAD AIRPORT AND WATCHED A LINE OF TEN PEOPLE ARGUE IN TURN WITH THE DESK STAFF.
BUDGET RENTAL HAVE NO MORALS, ARE SCAMMERS, AND WILL RIP OFF CUSTOMERS TO MAKE MONEY REGARDLESS OF MORALS.
ON RETURN TO DROP OFF ANOTHER Q OF CUSTOMERS WERE HAVING THE SAME TREATMENT.
I HAVE CONTACT DETAILS OF THESE CUSTOMERS AND WE INTEND TO 'ADVERTISE' FOR BUDGET CAR RENTAL IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. DISGUSTING.
Reply to NEIL

Feb 16, 2012
I had the same thing happen to me in San Diego. Told the guy verbally I wanted nothing to do with their insurance. He pointed to the contract and had me initial certain spots. They added some road side BS for $15.00 a day and then would do nothing about it. What an unethical company. I will bash them every chance I get. Crooks!!!
Reply to zeen444

Jun 28, 2011
rented car budget online. Added insurance and fuel option. Showed up to $100 more expensive because Budget.com does not calculate fuel option does not tell you this online.. total RIP off will never use this company again and suggest that no one else use company either. Worst car renting experience ever and I rent a lot for work.
Reply to golongd

Read next Budget Rent A Car complaint

Budget Total Ripoff

I got a deal for a hotel and rental car,and it seemed like a great deal.I got the car from Budget at...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Budget Rent A Car.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug